Our long-term aim is to enable increased access to energy, to improve the reliability of energy for businesses, and to reduce and avoid greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
For every business we finance, we assess our development impact before investment and measure that impact during and after the life of the investment. Each of our projects has a clear pathway to meaningful impact for people and the environment. Metrics differ for each project, depending on the pathway, but the principal metrics can all be mapped to our target Sustainable Development Goals (see more below).
Targeting the SDGs
Principal metrics for our projects can all be mapped to our target Sustainable Development Goals. The indicators are not all applicable to each project.
In addition to metrics which apply to individual Goals, we also track metrics that apply to all three of those we focus on:
- Improved efficiency of the network
- Lower costs of energy generation
- Improved collection of revenues
- Improved evacuation of power from existing sources of generation
- Increased investment flows into transmission and distribution